Table of Contents
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR SITES
- Information You Provide To Us
- Information We Collect Automatically As You Access and Use the Sites
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SITE
- GENERAL AUDIENCE WEB SITE
- WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
- Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf
- When You Agree To Have Your Personal Information Shared
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
- Business Transfers
- Legal Protections and Law Enforcement
- INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE PUBLICLY ON OUR SITE
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
- UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT FROM EMAIL, SMS AND MMS COMMUNICATIONS
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES, AND SPE CONTENT FOUND ON OTHER WEB SITES
- CONSENT TO TRANSFER This Site is hosted on web servers in the United States. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Click here to learn more.
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Information You Provide To Us
The Site may ask you to provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (such as first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, or home address ("Personal Information"). For example, SPE may collect Personal Information when you register to receive newsletters, create user accounts, send questions or comments to us, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. The Site may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as demographic information (gender, zip code, age, etc.) or certain information about your preferences and interests. If we combine demographic or other information we collect about you with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. Please note that information submitted to the Site via a "contact us" or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
Information We Collect Automatically As You Access and Use the Site; Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Whenever you visit or interact with the Site or SPE content, SPE, as well as any third-party advertisers, content providers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if SPE associates it with you as a specific and identifiable person, SPE treats it as Personal Information.
SPE also automatically collects your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, "Device") you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
By using the Site, you consent to our cookies and other tracking technologies. The technologies used on the Site to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include:
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included in our Site and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies to help website operators understand how you interact with their websites. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a site or in an email. The use of a clear gif allows the Site to measure your actions in opening the page that contains the clear gif.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Provide general internal and customer analytics.
- Study traffic patterns in order to improve website performance, to customize the user experience, and to better match the users' interests and preferences. For example, SPE keeps track of the domains from which people visit, and also measures visitor activity on SPE websites. However, these tracking records are performed and maintained in ways that keep the data non-identifiable.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using SPE products or services.
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into a SPE product or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- If you login to our products through the Site, cookies can also be used to save the username so that we can process the saved login information and quickly log you into the product.
- Assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
- Tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- For analytics services, we use Omniture, a web analysis service provided by Adobe, to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Site and viewing of our content. We do not share Personal Information with Adobe. If you do not wish to allow your session visit information on the Site to be aggregated and analyzed by us, you may click here to opt-out of use of Omniture's session cookies for Site analysis purposes.
- The Adobe Flash Player is an application and web tool that allows rapid development of dynamic content. Flash (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. SPE employs Adobe Flash cookies in certain situations where we use Flash to provide some content such as video clips or animation. SPE does not use Flash cookies to serve interest-based advertising. Flash cookies are managed through the Flash Player Settings Manager, which is a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. This Settings Manager lets you manage global privacy settings, storage settings, security settings, and automatic notification settings. Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Flash Player Settings Manager can be accessed locally on your computer: in the Control Panel on Windows and in System Preferences on Mac. Users of other operating systems and earlier versions of the Flash Player should manage their global privacy settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager provided online from Adobe: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html
- For further information about cookies you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to login or use other interactive features of our Sites and features that depend on cookies.
SPE may use information collected through our Site, including Personal Information, in order to: (1) allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Site; (2) process your registration and/or upload your UGC; (3) provide you with information that you request or agree to receive; (4) improve the Site and for internal business purposes; (5) contact you with regard to your use of the Site, and any changes to our policies; (6) tailor content, advertisements and offers we serve you; and (7) fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data or otherwise with your consent.
If you use the Site to send a friend an invitation to participate in the Site or send other SPE- related communications, the information you provide (typically, names and e-mail addresses) is used on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication on your behalf, and is not used for any other marketing purposes unless we obtain consent from that person.
The Site is a general audience web site and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than 13 years of age ("Child" or "Children"). However, SPE knows that certain websites, such as those promoting a G-rated movie, may attract Children. On those sites, SPE may request and collect e-mail address or other online contact information, which may include the online contact information of a Child, for one-time use of that information. For example, SPE may collect email address to allow visitors to receive a fun automated reply from a motion picture's character. After the online contact information is used once in connection with the specific purpose for which it was collected, we delete the online contact information from our records and do not use it to re-contact the visitor. Additionally, if we are notified that a Child has submitted Personal Information to us through any of our sites other than in connection with one time use, we will delete that Child's Personal Information.
Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf. We may from time to time employ third parties to perform functions on our behalf; examples include hosting or operating our Site, executing IVR programs, sending e-mail and mobile message communications, and data analysis. We may share Personal Information with third parties in order for them to provide content or complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform services for SPE.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. The Site may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each, a "Promotion") that may require registration. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Business Transfers. We may share your Personal Information with other entities affiliated with us for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. SPE or any of its assets, including the Site, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your Personal Information is one of the key business assets for the transaction. In such a case, your Personal Information may be one of the business assets we transfer. Hence, SPE reserves the right to disclose and transfer user information, including Personal Information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of certain of SPE's stock and/or assets, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Our Site may offer message boards, chat rooms, alternative reality games, multi-player games and other public areas (collectively, "Community Forums") where you can engage in social networking, interact with others, as well as have the opportunity to submit photographs, writings, music, video, audio recordings, computer graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, "User Submissions"). To participate in certain Community Forums, you may be asked to select a username, screen name or member name and password. Please do not use your real name or the real name of another person when selecting a username (or screen name or member name).
Also, functionality on the Site may permit interactions between the Site and a third party web site or service, such as enabling you to "like" a product on our Site or "share" content to other web sites or services. If you choose to "like" or "share" content on the Site or to otherwise post information from or via the Site to a third party's web site, service, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Site.
SPE may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update some of the Personal Information you have provided to us, including, without limitation, through registration with the Site. You may opt out of receiving e-mail newsletters by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those e-mails. If you sign up to receive SMS or MMS messages that may be offered on the Site, you may unsubscribe from any SMS or MMS messages received by replying "STOP". Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Site and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Certain content on the Site may be hosted and served by third parties, which may include third party widgets (such as those that allow you to "like" or "share" content with third party web sites and interactive services, or third party "get tickets and showtimes" widgets). In addition, when you are on the Site you may be directed to other web sites or services that are operated and controlled by third parties. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. In addition, SPE Site widgets or other SPE content may be included on web pages, web sites and/or services that are not associated with SPE. We have no control over these third parties. These third parties may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. SPE is not responsible for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party web site.
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.